Sticky Buddha Hand chicken wings
Buddha Hand or Buddha Fingers is a special name for a special looking fruit. A lemon 'gone wild'. It has a sweet, lemon aroma and no juice or pulp. The mild white part of the Buddha Hand is, unlike most citrus fruits, not bitter, so the fruit can be used in whole.
These chicken wings with a 'sticky' marinade burst with this fresh and sweet aroma and tastes delicious in combination with thyme!
500g chicken wings
4 tbsp. honey
30 ml. soy sauce
1 Buddha Hand
1. Heat some butter in a large skillet and fry the chicken wings for about 5 minutes on a high heat.
2. Meanwhile, grate the skin of the 'fingers' of the Buddha Hand until you have approx. 2. tbsp. of zest. Halve the rest of the Buddha Hand lengthwise and cut one half into thin slices, so that half flowers are formed.
3. Lower the heat to medium and add the honey, soy sauce, grated Buddha Hand, the Buddha Hand slices, salt and pepper to the chicken wings.
4. Then let it simmer until the sauce begins to thicken. Spoon some of the sauce over the chicken wings.
5. When the sauce has completely thickened and the chicken is cooked thoroughly, the chicken wings can be taken out of the pan and sprinkled with some more Buddha Hand-zest and thyme!