Spareribs with Honey tomato BBQ-sauce
Today we're going for the real thing: delicious tender spareribs with a homemade BBQ-sauce made from honey tomato-ketchup. During the production process of the well-known honey tomatoes, there are tomatoes that don't meet the high quality requirements. These tomatoes are still delicious, but in many cases they have cracks. A tasteful ketchup has been made from these tomatoes. The development of this ketchup is based on two important principles; a unique taste and a natural recipe. This has led to a tastful ketchup in a stylish package.
By adding smoked garlic bulbs to the baking dish, the spareribs will get a wonderfull smoky aroma and taste. Success guaranteed!
2kg pre-cooked spareribs natural
2 tbsp. butter
2 onions (chopped)
500ml dark beer (we used Westvleteren)
2 slices of bacon (cut into strips)
2 bottles of Honey tomato ketchup
2 cloves smoked garlic (finely chopped)
1 bulb smoked garlic (halved)
120 ml Worcestershire sauce
3 tbsp. Brown sugar
6 tbsp. mustard
3 tbsp. chili sauce
1. Melt the butter in a pan. Preheat the oven to 200 degrees.
2. Bake the bacon and onions in about 5 minutes until brown.
3. Add the beer and reduce it until about half of it is left.
4. Add the rest of the ingredients and simmer gently for about 10 minutes, stir every now and than.
5. Season with salt and pepper.
6. Place the spareribs with the hollow side down on a baking sheet. Place the halved garlic bulbs next to it.
7. Pour half of the Honey Tomato BBQ sauce over the spareribs and cook in the oven for 30 to 40 minutes.
8. Serve with the rest of the sauce.